Management practices have been around for a very long time, however, the context and environment for managers everywhere are changing day by day. In normal times, people leave managers, not organisations. Now, with changing work practices, digitisation, and post-pandemic changes in attitudes to work, the relationship between managers and employees has never been more under stress.
Managers must develop and evolve their practice to respond to the challenges they and their employees face. The Management Essentials course develops the essential management skills to align managing and leading by using a practical and effective model that everyone can understand.
Who is this course for?
- Newly appointed line managers or team supervisors
- Experienced line managers who want to refresh their people management skills
- Potential line managers or team supervisors who want to develop professional management skills before being promoted
- You will develop a sound understanding of key management skills needed for the challenges you face today
- You will increase your confidence in your communication and interpersonal skills
- You will have developed an impressive toolkit of relational management skills and approaches underpinned by a simple, practical and usable model of management and leadership
- You will leave with an understanding of how managers create value by focusing on the people
Managers are crucial to empowering and enabling teams to succeed and achieve their potential. As a result of this course, your managers will develop the behaviours and skills relevant to your organisational context and to their longer-term development as successful leaders. They will have greater confidence and ability in managing people and as a result, improve the potential of individuals and the potential of their teams as a whole
- A two-day face-to-face or four-half-day virtual course that covers the skills and knowledge you require to be an effective manager
- You then return to your workplace to apply your learning
- One month later, working together, your group and facilitator will share experiences, identify topics for practice and use various techniques to refine and improve your skills
- The final session is delivered virtually in two half-day sessions. By the end of this course, you will have improved your confidence and skills in order to sustain a greater impact back in your workplace
Venue for Face-to-Face Courses
All face-to-face courses are held at Roffey Park’s purpose-built venue which is set in 40 acres of rural Sussex Countryside just five minutes from the M23 and 20 minutes from London Gatwick Airport & Crawley, 10 minutes from Horsham.
All virtual half-day sessions start at 09:00 UK time
*The price is net of any chargeable VAT.
We offer a limited number of discounted places to registered charities. Please contact our client services to find out more.
Your face-to-face experience starts the evening before your programme as you join your fellow participants for dinner so you can get to know each other. Check-in is available from 2pm, providing you with the option to either work from our venue or take advantage of our leisure facilities. Our bar opens at 6pm and dinner is served in the restaurant at 7.30 pm. Accommodation, meals and materials are all included in the fees.
We can also deliver Management Essentials as either an in-house programme for teams or as part of a wider, tailored development programme. For more information please contact us.
Download a brochure to find out more
In the UK
+44 (0) 1293 854042