Face to Face
We deliver this programme face to face at one of our venues in the UK, Ireland and Singapore. You can check dates and availability on this page or contact us
We can deliver this programme through interactive online sessions which are facilitated live. You can check dates and availability on this page or contact us
Clear Leadership is a collaborative leadership programme which is based on the globally renowned work of Dr Gervase Bushe, providing a powerful set of skills that empowers leaders to think and behave collaboratively. The skills of Clear Leadership are Self-awareness, Descriptiveness, Curiosity and Appreciation.
This programme is for you
- You are a middle to senior leader who wants to develop a collaborative leadership approach
- You are working in an organisation structure which relies on increased collaboration and want to understand how to lead successfully in this environment
- You are a senior HR or OD professional who wants to develop your organisation’s culture so that it is centred on a collective purpose
- Be able to lead with more confidence and clarity
- Improve your self-awareness and ability to notice your experience and the experience of others so you can make informed choices on what to say or do as a leader
- Improve your leadership influence and communication approach so you are clearer about the expectations you have of yourself and others.
Develop your confidence to resolve conflict and differences in order to work more effectively together.
- Be more understood by others so that you make excellent decisions and create strong partnerships that foster shared commitment.
- Be to develop and lead high performing teams improving their commitment and productivity as a result
- Have a stronger business focus which will improve their ability to make decisions and lead in ambiguity
- Have greater confidence and conviction in their collaborative leadership practice and purpose.
- Be able to work through differences and conflict without losing trust, respect or commitment from their team
This was an intensive and enriching personal development experience. I appreciated the variation in large group work, small group work and working with learning partners. I valued the people I was learning with and the transparency of our conversations. My personal experience was a developmental shift and an increasing understanding of self with greater clarity of what had been on my mental map but out of my awareness. For the first time in my life I saw a pattern that I hadn’t spotted before and became acutely aware of the impact that had on my daily being.Caroline Mabey, Royal Free London NHS Foundation TrustP
The programme is split into two, two-day modules enabling participants to consolidate their understanding and practise the ideas and methods during the time between modules. Participants are given reading before the programme which enables them to understand the underlying theory so that time together is spent working on real work issues and practising skills.
Day 1 – The Aware Self
On the first day we’ll develop your skills and ability to improve your awareness of your experience, so that you know, on a moment by moment basis, what you are thinking, feeling, observing and wanting. We’ll then develop your skills and knowledge of how to make sense of your experience and the experience of those around you.
Day 2 – The Descriptive Self
During day two we develop your ability to be clearer in how you describe your experience. We’ll explore how to describe difficult, confrontational aspects of your experience in a way that doesn’t make others defensive, but elicits a willingness to listen and understand.
Participants are asked to consolidate their learning and practise the skills of clear leadership on a daily basis.
Day 3 – The Appreciative and Curious Selves
After reconnecting and sharing the experiences of their practice since module 1, participants begin to grow their Clear Leadership skills by being more able to observe question and probe others to understand what they are thinking, feeling and wanting.
Day 4 – Conflict and Learning at Work
The final day brings together the skills of Clear Leadership to enable you to lead organisational learning conversations. This is highly methodical way to understand and be clear about the experiences people are having and, as a result, change problem patterns and work differently together in the future.
Programme Duration and Dates
- Part one: Two days
- Part Two: Two days
Part one: 13 – 14 January 2021
Part Two: 11 – 12 February 2021
*An early bird fee of £1,900+VAT is valid for all bookings received 8 weeks ahead of the programme start date when it will revert to the full programme fee of £2,400+VAT
Fees are inclusive of all tuition fees, materials, meals and accommodation
We offer a limited number of discounted places to registered charities, please contact our client services to find out more
COVID-19 MEASURES TO HELP YOU BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE
Roffey Park is taking bookings for face-to-face programmes starting from September onwards. You can book in confidence, safe in the knowledge that if government restrictions prevent your attendance, we will either reimburse you in full or book you onto a later, suitable start date. We are also able to offer a range of facilitated, online learning modules on an open, in-house or bespoke basis, please contact us to find out more.