Face to Face
We deliver this programme face to face at one of our venues in the UK, Ireland and Singapore. You can check dates and availability on this page or contact us
We can deliver this programme through interactive online sessions which are facilitated live. You can check dates and availability on this page or contact us
Listen to our programme faculty and a recent participant discuss our HR Business Partner Skills programme
The HR Business Partner Skills course will give you a comprehensive range of practical tools and skills so you provide challenge and support to business leaders within your organisation. We focus on your own human relationships with other business leaders to provide you with your own, unique HR Business Partnering formula. HR Business Partner Skills programme consists of a three-day residential workshop, with optional virtual follow up coaching with a facilitator. The course works within a framework of ‘Head, Heart and Hands’
This course is for you
- You’re a Junior HR Business Partner, or you’ve just moved into a senior position
- You’ve got experience as an HR Business Partner, but need to keep evolving your skillset
- You’re from a centre of expertise and need to understand it from an HR perspective
- You want to develop your BP skills and improve relationships with clients and customers
- You need to be more confident more credible, and influential at the pan-organisational level
- You’re looking to be more strategic and less operational and transactional
- You aspire to be a Senior HP Business Partner soon
- This programme is flexible enough to accommodate your needs whether you have a generalist or centre of expertise partnering background.
- Increase your ability to apply a commercial and strategic lens to your role
- Enhance your consultancy, influencing and political skills
- Build your credibility and confidence
- Grow your network of like-minded HR BusinessPartners in parallel roles
- Understand the evolution of the Business Partnering model, and possible future directions
- Can combine strategic business capability with excellence in the delivery of day-to-day solutions
- Will create synergies with other leaders to shape, steer and advise on HR solutions
- Has enhanced consultancy skills to enable them to work with and build trust with line managers
- Can activate and realise HR strategies adapted to each of their key stakeholders
- Will complete the programme with self-confidence, clarity on what their role is (and isn’t) and resilience
- Will have a good understanding of the holistic role of HR Business Partnering, and how this might evolve in the future”
There are plenty of professional management tools introduced during the three days’ workshop. They helped me a lot on how to convince and influent our stakeholders. Real actors simulations impressive me very much, in which I can practice learned skills into this session. I can apply these learned methodology and tools to add HRBP’s valueJane Yang, Nestle China
Current and Future State of Business Partnering:
On the first day of your HR Business Partner Skills Course you’ll address the changing nature of HR Business Partnering, with the rise of Globalisation and Artificial Intelligence. You’ll be assessing yourself against this and looking at the big-picture context.
You’ll be asking yourself who are your stakeholders? Who are your internal customers and clients? What are your relationships with them like and how would you like those relationships to look? What’s the difference between being an operational and a strategic business partner, and how do you stack up against that? You’ll then be given the tools to help you become even more strategic.
An individualised coaching approach is initiated on day 1. We’ll work out what your projected outcomes for the programme are and how can we help you realise your goals and deal with current issues. Perhaps you’re having a tricky time with particular stakeholders or you might just be too operational and can’t get to any of the strategic things on your list. Maybe the systems and processes within your organisation aren’t good enough for you to be an effective business partner, or that your line managers aren’t skilled enough to manage their people so expect you to do their job for them.
Creating and Adding Value
On day 2 we look at the skills you have and need around creating and adding value. We’ll be showing you influencing skills, political awareness, and looking at the type of consultant you want to be. Are you an expert, a pair of hands or collaborative?
Experts have the knowledge at their fingertips, whilst a pair of hands might slavishly do whatever their counterpart is requesting? Collaborative HR Business Partners will do things slightly differently.
We use a 360 diagnostic tool to ensure that by the end of day 2 you’ll have a very clear idea of what your skillset is, what your strengths are that you can play on, and whether there any development edges that might be holding you back. We’ll then give you the tools and frameworks to improve the skills you might be missing.
Resilience Training and Coaching Skills
Day 3 covers in depth skills practice with resilience training. In the morning you’ll spend half a day with an actor in small groups, rehearsing scenarios and getting feedback from the actor and other participants. This enables you to have at least an hour’s practice yourself and three hours in total of observing scenarios with others.
You’ll then work on coaching for action planning. You’ll be working with one of your peers, taking it in turns to present your action plan for what you’ll be implementing when back at work and being coached on it. So you get feedback on your coaching skills and get coaching in return on your action plan.
In the afternoon you’ll cover resilience training. We’ll be looking how you adapt to stressful situations. Do you have the ability to manage a large workload? Are you paying attention to how you cope with change? Are you able to recover quickly from adverse experiences?
- Three days
*An early bird fee of £1,250+VAT is valid for all bookings received 8 weeks ahead of the programme start date when it will revert to the full programme fee of £1,750+VAT
Fees are inclusive of all tuition fees, materials, meals and accommodation
We offer a limited number of discounted places to registered charities, please contact our client services to find out more
COVID-19 MEASURES TO HELP YOU BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE
Roffey Park is taking bookings for face-to-face programmes starting from September onwards. You can book in confidence, safe in the knowledge that if government restrictions prevent your attendance, we will either reimburse you in full or book you onto a later, suitable start date. We are also able to offer a range of facilitated, online learning modules on an open, in-house or bespoke basis, please contact us to find out more.