Focus attention, forge meaningful connections, enable diverse voices, make progress in uncertainty and ambiguity, arrive at decisions that endure. These are the essential responsibilities for managers, consultants, trainers and individual contributors working in complex systems. Facilitation is the practice of using your presence and a range of tools to effectively intervene in the groups you work with and within.
Roffey Park Institute has been a leading force in group facilitation since its establishment and the Facilitation Skills Course draws upon our deep experience in the area of organisation development and leadership. Highly practical, with extensive opportunities to try out new approaches, as well as solidly grounded in research and theory, the course is designed to enable you to facilitate more consciously, courageously, inclusively and compassionately in the places that matter to you and those you work with.
Who is this course for?
Experienced HR, OD and L&D professionals and other change agents who want to enhance their existing skills in facilitating meaningful group work in a range of settings.
- Expanded capacity to influence development and change in a range of situations
- Deepened understanding of complex group dynamics and systems
- Heightened appreciation of the social nature of learning and working
- Enhanced awareness of the impact of organisations on the behaviour of individuals and groups – and vice versa
- Increased self-awareness and confidence in your facilitation practice
Organisations who employ or work with a participant who has taken part in the Facilitation Skills Course are likely to see improvements in:
- The capacity of their team members to work together on tough challenges
- Levels of trust between team members
- Transparency and the capacity for difficult conversations to be held
- Inclusion of diverse people and perspectives
- How meetings of all sizes and purpose are convened and conducted
- The Facilitation Skills Course is delivered over three days face-to-face or five half days virtually
- The course encourages experimentation within a supportive learning environment. The group will engage throughout in peer feedback based on practice facilitation experiences that are designed to help you better understand your impact and push yourself forward in how you facilitate.
Venue for Face-to-Face Courses
All face-to-face courses are held at Roffey Park’s purpose-built venue which is set in 40 acres of rural Sussex Countryside just five minutes from the M23 and 20 minutes from London Gatwick Airport & Crawley, 10 minutes from Horsham.
All virtual half-day sessions start at 09:00 UK time
*The price is net of any chargeable VAT.
We offer a limited number of discounted places to registered charities. Please contact our client services to find out more.
Your face-to-face experience starts the evening before your programme as you join your fellow participants for dinner so you can get to know each other. Check-in is available from 2pm, providing you with the option to either work from our venue or take advantage of our leisure facilities. Our bar opens at 6pm and dinner is served in the restaurant at 7.30 pm. Accommodation, meals and materials are all included in the fees.
We can also deliver the Facilitation Skills course as either an in-house programme for teams or as part of a wider, tailored development programme. For more information please contact us.
In the UK
+44 (0) 1293 854042