Group working is an essential part of organisational life, and a group’s effectiveness is often increased by the facilitator working with them. As a facilitator you help a group to share their knowledge, explore issues, generate ideas, solve problems and develop outcomes. Effective facilitator skills enable groups to come together and produce results greater than those that could be achieved individually.
Our Practical Facilitation Skills training course is a comprehensive and real-world programme aimed at enabling participants to understand the skills required in the role of facilitator. With group practice sessions you will learn to understand group dynamics, how to pre-plan and be flexible “in the moment”. Overall, you will gain an understanding in the facilitation skills that you need to use to enable groups to work together to achieve their goals.
This programme is for you
- You are a line manager who wants to enable their teams to be more productive and effective
- You are HR, OD or L&D professional or change agent who wants to become more effective with groups to get results, drive change and improve delivery
Not sure if this is the right facilitation skills training course for you?
We offer two facilitation skills programmes as open programmes which start with the understanding the role and skills of facilitation which leads onto advanced facilitation skills which dive deeper into group dynamics.
We also deliver these programmes in organisation as either an in-house programme for teams or as part of a wider, tailored development programme. For more information please contact us.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of facilitation skills in practice
- Build an awareness of multiple approaches to facilitation skills
- Be able to plan and deliver a facilitation session
- Be confident to skilfully and knowledgeably intervene in difficult situations
- Individuals will have a greater confidence and impact as a facilitator of groups
- Colleagues will be able to harness the productivity of groups, enabling them to focus and achieve their common purpose and results
- Be able to overcome difficulties within a group ensuring that success is not derailed by conflicts, politics and power dynamics
The programme has had a considerable impact on my day-to-day work. Short after I completed the programme I facilitated workshops to over 120 Welsh public servants. My sessions meant moving along the facilitator spectrum, leading from the front and allowing the group to lead itself. The awareness and skills developed on the programme was excellent preparation.Nia James, Deputy Director (Natural Resources), Welsh Government Assembly
Practical Facilitation Skills consists of six modules. Our classroom programme is delivered as a two-day residential. The online programme consists of a launch session followed by six 90-minute module sessions facilitated live.
|Virtual Programme||Face-to-Face Programme|
*The price is net of any chargeable VAT or GST
*The price is net of any chargeable VAT or GST and includes all accommodation and meals
We offer a limited number of discounted places to registered charities, please contact our client services to find out more