We deliver this programme face to face at one of our venues in the UK, Ireland and Singapore. You can check dates and availability on this page or contact us
We deliver this programme through interactive online sessions which are facilitated live. You can check dates and availability on this page or contact us
Roffey Park’s Practical Facilitation Skills is a two-day facilitation skills training course that provides a thorough grounding in how a successful facilitator works with a group, and explores techniques and frameworks needed for effective facilitation.
This programme is for you
- You are a line manager who wants to enable their teams to be more productive and effective
- You are HR, OD or L&D professional or change agent who wants to become more effective with groups to get results, drive change and improve delivery
- Understand the nature and scope of facilitation and your role as a facilitator
- Develop your skills and capability to understand groups, group process and know how and when to intervene effectively
- Be more confident as a facilitator with a range of styles and techniques to use in different situations.
- Know how to have the open, honest conversations required to manage tensions and create behaviour change
- Have the opportunity to explore and practise your facilitation skills and receive
- Have greater confidence and impact as a facilitator
- Be able to harness the productivity of groups, enabling them to focus and achieve their common purpose and results
- Be able to overcome difficulties within a group ensuring that success is not derailed by conflicts, politics and power dynamics
The programme has had a considerable impact on my day-to-day work. Now I properly understand how to be “in service of the group” this has led to more productive decision making and idea generation by colleagues. That, in turn, has led to a greater sense of ownership for the implications, and implementation, of decisions. Shortly after the programme, I facilitated workshops to over 120 Welsh public servants. My sessions meant moving along the facilitator spectrum, leading from the front and allowing the group to lead itself. The awareness and skill developed on the programme was excellent preparation, and the feedback I received really positive.Nia James, Deputy Director (Natural Resources), Welsh Government Assembly
Practical Facilitation Skills is a two-day facilitator training course which provides a sound grounding in becoming a facilitator and effective enabler of groups. Key features of the programme include:
Highly practical and experiential
On this programme we focus on developing practical facilitation skills. Every participant will have the opportunity to prepare and facilitate a group activity and receive in-depth feedback.
Unlike many facilitation skills training programmes, Roffey Park’s Practical Facilitation Skills programme prepares you the facilitator for working with a range of groups in a range of situations, rather than teaching you a series of exercises to use that, when they don’t work for a group, can leave you stranded.
Learning from the group
For a facilitator, group work with any group is a learning experience. We encourage participants on Practical Facilitation Skills to experience and observe the programme group and learn from what is happening, and to share and learn from one another’s experience.
Learning from experts
The group is made of people working in the field so you will learn from each other, and you will also work with highly experienced Roffey Park facilitators who will help you shape your learning, realise you goals and act as a live study of facilitation in action.
We begin the programme by establishing how the group will work together before exploring the different stages of group working, the facilitation skill-set required for working with groups and enabling them to get to work. We then explore the nature of group process, range of interventions available and the impact of the facilitator’s presence and confidence on getting groups to achieve their task.
Day two is focused on facilitation skills practice with each participant practising their approach by facilitating a workshop of their choice. The programme ends with the whole group carrying out a process review.
- Two day programme
An early bird fee of £1,000+VAT is valid for all bookings received 8 weeks ahead of the programme start date when it will revert to the full programme fee of £1,4000+VAT
Fees are inclusive of all tuition fees, materials, meals and accommodation
We offer a limited number of discounted places to registered charities, please contact our client services to find out more
COVID-19 MEASURES TO HELP YOU BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE
Roffey Park is taking bookings for face-to-face programmes. You can book in confidence, safe in the knowledge that if government restrictions prevent your attendance, we will transfer you to an online version of programme. We are also able to offer a range of facilitated, online learning modules on an open, in-house or bespoke basis, please contact us to find out more.