We deliver this programme face to face at one of our venues in the UK, Ireland and Singapore. You can check dates and availability on this page or contact us
We deliver this programme through interactive online sessions which are facilitated live. You can check dates and availability on this page or contact us
In the current climate, organisations and their people must be more adaptive and resilient that ever before. Faced with increasing global uncertainty, disruptive technologies and rapidly evolving expectations from both customers and employees, the need for enterprise-level change leaders who can continually perceive, understand and align the entire organisation to deliver against its purpose, live its values and achieve its strategic goals has never been so vital.
By developing practical skills in organisational design you will build confidence and capabilities to effectively plan the transition towards a new organisational model and help your business – and its people – respond dynamically to the opportunities of the future.
Whether you are new to this field or have some experience in organisational development, HR or change management, the fundamental question that this programme has been designed to help you address is: what does it take to ‘do’ organisational design work successfully?
This programme is for you, if
- You are a corporate leader, HR, organisational development or change manager seeking to build the organisational capabilities, behaviours and performance to deliver strategic intent
- You want to understand the central concepts, models and methods of contemporary organisational design
- You would like to foster the skills, practices and mindset required to successfully – and collaboratively – lead organisational design work
- You want to develop confidence and competence in overcoming common challenges of design work
- You want to know the impact of key business, environmental, political and technological shifts on 21st century organisations and what this means for organisational design
- You want to create and maintain a network of peer practitioners to be drawn from, and share learning with, during and beyond the programme
At the end of Leading Organisational Design, you will be able to:
- Understand how to design an organisation to deliver its strategic intent
- Take a strategic and systemic view of your organisation’s effectiveness and alignment
- Apply the methods and practices of organisational design to create an implementable blueprint for increasing and sustaining business performance
Develop or enhance the ability of your organisation to adapt to changes in the external environment through a planned, integrated and coherent methodology that takes a macro and micro view of your organisational model. This highly practical and interactive programme equips your change leaders with the tools and perspective to support the desired shift in business performance and behaviours for greater organisational resilience.
The programme consists of eight modules.
Each module in the online programme consists of 2 x 90 minute sessions facilitated live with a 30 minute break in between.
The classroom programme is delivered as a three day residential programme with a follow up day 2-3 weeks later.
Introduction to Organisational Design
- Demystifying organisational design
- OD and OD?
- Concepts and methods of organisational design
- Competencies of organisational designers
The Relationship Between Strategy and Structure
- Linking strategy to design
- Operating models and value chains
- The role of structure in organisational design work
Preparing for (Re)design
- Current and future state
- Working with core frameworks
- Designing your organisation
Organisational Alignment and Effectiveness
- Phases of organisational design project
- Setting design principles
- Testing your design(s)
- Planning for transition
The Formal and Informal Organisation
- Contracting with key stakeholders
- The impact of culture
- Working with organisational dynamics
- Internal and external consulting
Leading Change, Self and System
- Strategic HR management
- Leading in systems
- Designing for sustainability, complexity and uncertainty
- Creating a strategic narrative
Making it real – the case for (re)design
- Organisational design blueprint
- Practitioner perspectives
Organisation Design and the Future of Work
- Contemporary perspectives in organisational design
- Digital: what does it mean for organisational design?
- Organisational network analysis
Programme Dates and Fees
- Online – There are eight modules in the programme, each one consists of 2 x 90 minute sessions facilitated live with a 30 minute break in between. There is a break between modules 2 and 3, modules 4 and 5 and modules 6 and 7
- Virtual sessions will begin at 9am (BST).
- Classroom – 4 days in total. A 3 day residential programme, followed by a 2-3 week gap for reflection and action and a final day
|Dates for Online Programme||Fee|
Starts 26 November 2020
Finishes 4 February 2021
Module 1: 26 November 2020
Module 2: 27 November 2020
Module 3: 1 December 2020
Module 4: 2 December 2020
Module 5: 5 January 2021
Module 6 : 6 January 2021
Module 7: 3 February 2021
Module 8: 4 February 2021
Starts 21 January 2021
Finishes 26 March 2021
Module 1: 21 January 2021
Module 2: 22 January 2021
Module 3: 11 February 2021
Module 4: 12 February 2021
Module 5: 4 March 2021
Module 6 : 5 March 2021
Module 7: 25 March 2021
Module 8: 26 Marc 2021
|£3,200 + VAT|
€3,520 + VAT
Fees are inclusive of all tuition fees, materials, meals and accommodation
We offer a limited number of discounted places to registered charities, please contact our client services to find out more
COVID-19 MEASURES TO HELP YOU BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE
Roffey Park is taking bookings for face-to-face programmes. You can book in confidence, safe in the knowledge that if government restrictions prevent your attendance, we will transfer you to an online version of programme. We are also able to offer a range of facilitated, online learning modules on an open, in-house or bespoke basis, please contact us to find out more.