Organisational Development Essentials is a one-day course that explores the fundamentals of OD, its history and the nature of OD practice. The course introduces you to the function of OD and the role of the OD practitioner; including the key skills, knowledge and mindsets needed to become one.
Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at:
- Those that identify as working within the field of OD but are not yet comfortable with being called an ‘OD Practitioner’
- Those that are in the field of HR, or learning and development, and want to understand their developmental needs within the context of an OD role
- Managers or leaders leading change projects that are curious about how OD can help in managing the change management process
- Those that are simply curious about understanding what OD is and how it is used in organisations
“The programme had a really great vibe despite being online. There was a great balance of taught delivery and discussions in breakouts. I really appreciated the structure of delivering an introduction to lots of ideas in the session, with really helpful additional resources to go deeper and reflect on the learning. There was such great content and I feel I have a really deep well to draw from now and continue my learning.I can now start to implement some OD ideas and integrate these with my own ways of working. I will also consider whether there’s some tools here that can be spread wider in our organisation to create a consistent approach to tackling change.”
CLAIRE GREGORY, OD SPECIALIST , THE CHILDREN’S SOCIETY.
- You will be able to describe the underpinning principles, practice, aims and values of OD, in relation to yourself and your context
- You will understand and reflect on your OD Role and your current levels of knowledge and experience
- You will increase your knowledge of the different levels at which an OD Practitioner can intervene and appropriate application of a variety of intervention methods
- You will develop confident awareness of OD in the context of culture, patterns and your organisation
As a result of this course, participants will have a greater understanding of organisational development. In practice, this will help them lead change projects and grow in their role as an OD practitioner
Two half-day virtual course that covers the skills and knowledge you require to understand the fundamentals of organisational development
Venue for Face-to-Face Courses
All face-to-face courses are held at Roffey Park’s purpose-built venue which is set in 40 acres of rural Sussex Countryside just five minutes from the M23 and 20 minutes from London Gatwick Airport & Crawley, 10 minutes from Horsham.
All virtual half-day sessions start at 9:00 UK Time
Virtual : April 2023
4 April 2023
5 April 2023
Virtual : June 2023
14 June 2023
15 June 2023
Virtual : October 2023
4 October 2023
5 October 2023
*The price is net of any chargeable VAT or GST.
Face-to-Face course fees include accommodation, meals and materials.
We offer a limited number of discounted places to registered charities. Please contact our client services to find out more.
We can also deliver Organisational Development Essentials as either an in-house programme for teams or as part of a wider, tailored development programme. For more information please contact us.
Download a brochure to find out more
In the UK
+44 (0) 1293 854042
In Asia Pacific
+65 6386 0590