Delivered as a one day programme or delivered virtually as a series of 90 minute digital learning sessions.
Face to Face
We deliver this programme face to face at one of our venues in the UK, Ireland and Singapore. You can check dates and availability on this page or contact us
We can deliver this programme through interactive online sessions which are facilitated live. You can check dates and availability on this page or contact us
OD essentials is a one-day programme which explores the fundamentals of Organisation Development, its history and the nature of OD practice. The programme provides an introduction to the function of OD and the role of the OD practitioner; including the key skills, knowledge and mindsets needed to become one.
The programme consists of four learning modules delivered either as a one day programme or delivered virtually as a series of 90 minute digital learning sessions:
- Mapping the Field of OD
- Diagnostic and Dialogic OD Perspectives
- Use of Self in OD Practice
- OD and Culture
This programme is for you if:
- You identify as working within the field of OD but aren’t yet comfortable with being called an ‘OD Practitioner’
- You are in the field of HR or learning and development and want to understand your development needs within the context of an OD role
- You are manager or leader leading change projects and are curious about how OD can help you in managing the change management process
- You are simply curious about understanding what organisational development is and how it is used in organisations.
At end of the programme, you will be able to:
- Describe the underpinning principles, practice, aims and values of OD, for you and your context
- Know the value of different OD roles and perspectives and use the them effectively
- Connect the importance of how you ‘show up’ to your choice of OD intervention
- Demonstrate an understanding of the role OD in Organisational Culture
Participants will return to their organisation with an understanding of organisational development in practice to help them lead change projects or grow their practice in an OD role.
- Gain an understanding of the foundations of OD practice
- Define OD for you and your context
- Reflect on where you are now as an OD practitioner and how you want to develop
- Sharpen your awareness of the different roles OD practitioners play and the pros and cons of these
- Assess the value and potential impact of diagnostic and dialogic OD approaches in your work
- Be clear on the relevance of use of ‘self’ as an OD tool, and be able to experiment with use of self in practice
- Be able to identify different levels and types of OD intervention
- Notice and understand more about the changing context for OD
- Identify and articulate the patterns that impact your workplace
- Develop your next actionable steps for your OD practice
Programme Duration and Dates
- One day programme
- Online option is a series of four 90 minute digital learning sessions. Virtual sessions will begin at 9am (BST).
6 October 2020
12 January 2021
9 October 2020
15 January 2021
13 October 2020
19 January 2021
16 October 2020
22 January 2021
*An early bird fee of £400+VAT is valid for all bookings received 8 weeks ahead of the programme start date when it will revert to the full programme fee of £500+VAT
Fees are inclusive of all tuition fees, materials, and meals.
COVID-19 MEASURES TO HELP YOU BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE
Roffey Park is taking bookings for face-to-face programmes starting from September onwards. You can book in confidence, safe in the knowledge that if government restrictions prevent your attendance, we will either reimburse you in full or book you onto a later, suitable start date. We are also able to offer a range of facilitated, online learning modules on an open, in-house or bespoke basis, please contact us to find out more.