Our Advanced OD Practitioners Programme is for experienced OD practitioners who want to deepen their practice and impact within complex organisational and networked environments. Participants leave with a Graduate Certificate in Organisational Development accredited by the University of Sussex. This programme consists of a three-day programme followed by four learning set meetings (4 x 1 day) plus half a day virtually.
To participate in the Advanced OD Practitioners Programme participants must already have completed the OD Practitioners programme
This programme is for you
- You are an experienced OD practitioner, human resources director or transformation director responsible for leading cultural and behavioural change in your organisation
- You’re involved in local authority or public sector transformations which require changes in mindset as well as structures and services
- You work in a non-profit environment that is needing to attend to its internal dynamics as well as its commitment to its external mission and purpose
- You have completed the OD Practitioner Programme with Roffey Park Institute
- Build your confidence and impact as an OD practitioner.
- Gain a recognised qualification to support your career progression
- Broaden your skills in OD practice particularly at an organisational level
- Increased confidence in consulting on wider system solutions.
- Improved effectiveness in intervening effectively under pressure and in complex environments.
- Grow your network of like-minded OD practitioners.
- Practitioners in parallel roles across sectors
- Is able to design and deliver cultural and behavioural change in your organisation.
- Has the skillset, tools and techniques to influence effectively, communication across all levels and in complex, challenging situations.
- Has a greater awareness of what influences people’s ability to embrace change in organisations and understands how to intervene effectively.
Advanced OD Practitioners Programme explores the dynamic between the practitioner and the wider organisation and system in OD practice. The programme covers:
- Seeing the System
- Diagnostic vs dialogic approaches, problems as patterns, levers for change
- Intervening in complexity
- Presence, personal resourcefulness and power, dialogue and group process consulting skills, Human Systems Dynamics
- Understanding organisational culture and dominant mental maps, adaptive challenges, planned and emergent change, working through case study examples
- Organisational design
- Traditional and contemporary approaches, relationship between organisation development and organisation design, organisation design models
The Advanced OD Practitioner programme focuses on the organisation as a whole. It covers what we mean by systems, systems theory, and the different components of the system. You’ll be exploring the Burke-Litwin-Stringer model further plus different ways of diagnosing culture, before circling back to the discussion in the Advanced Practitioner Programme around the distinction between a diagnostic and a dialogic take on OD. This includes exploring the informal interactions that make up the organisation and the concept of viewing problems as patterns.
You can bring your current organisational challenges and, using Human Systems Dynamics, work through an approach for what to do when you don’t know what to do.
We will retain our focus on the self within this programme, considering our personal presence and resourcefulness under pressure.
We will also look at traditional and contemporary approaches to organisational design as well as the relationship between organisation development and organisation design. We’ll share a range of organisation design resources for you to take away.
We conclude with a review of learning, to consolidate, highlight and celebrate what’s been significant for you personally and professionally.
The Graduate Certificate in Organisational Development
To graduate with a Certificate in Organisational Development validated by the University of Sussex, you will attend four learning set meetings of one day each, join a virtual half day set meeting and complete a portfolio of work of approximately 5,000 words or equivalent.
Using a self-managed learning approach, you’ll look at what has excited you and been meaningful to you from the advanced OD practitioners programme and work with your peer group and a facilitator to agree what it makes sense for you to explore in more depth. You will establish your own learning goals and choose whether these are connected to skills development, theory or a practical, project-style approach – all set within your own context.
Of course, you’ll develop skills whilst learning and applying theory in practice and vice versa so you’ll end up achieving all three. Your work is assessed by your peer group, that form the learning set with a faculty representative responsible for maintaining standards and supporting the group process.
Our graduate participants value their qualification and also the process of achieving it. They appreciate the social aspect of learning, sharing interests and having a stake in each other’s success, as well as their study being rooted in their genuine day-to-day interests and experiences. Plus, as you connect with work produced by other set members you benefit from four or five times the insight you’d have working on your own.
- Three days residential
- Four one day learning sets
- 1/2 day virtual
*An early bird fee of £3,600+VAT is valid for all bookings received 8 weeks ahead of the programme start date when it will revert to the full programme fee of £4,200+VAT
Fees are inclusive of all tuition fees, materials, meals and accommodation
COVID-19 MEASURES TO HELP YOU BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE
Roffey Park is taking bookings for face-to-face programmes. You can book in confidence, safe in the knowledge that if government restrictions prevent your attendance, we will transfer you to an online version of programme. We are also able to offer a range of facilitated, online learning modules on an open, in-house or bespoke basis, please contact us to find out more.