In today’s fast-paced and ever-changing business environment, an organisation’s ability to effectively respond to change and adapt is key to survival and success. However, it is not the organisation that decides when, why or how to respond, it is the people within it. Organisation Development (OD) is rooted in the deep connection between business processes, structures, relationships and the people working with them.
OD practitioners work with organisational growth, maturity and impact using a human systems perspective. It is about building an agile, resilient and emotionally intelligent workforce by promoting compassionate, ethical and sustainable leadership and people practices.
Our OD Practitioner Course has long been established as the leading course for OD professionals across the world. This course aims to increase your knowledge and understanding of OD as a discipline, providing opportunities to develop your skills and equip you with practical tools, thinking strategies and a strategic mindset that will shape your personal approach and fit your business context.
From organisation development consultancy services, a level 7 Masters qualification through to OD practitioner skills development, we are an international centre of excellence for organisational development. If you want to learn from the developers of developers, join our course today.
Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at:
- OD practitioners working in the field of organisational development that want to develop and enhance their practice
- Practised change agents and managers or leaders in transformation who recognise the importance of bringing people with you but want to have a greater insight into how to achieve this
- Aspiring HR Directors, or Learning and Development professionals, seeking to enhance their OD skills to their work portfolio
- Those actively involved in organisational transformations which require changes in mindset as well as structures and services
- You will increase your capabilities as an OD practitioner for the benefit of you and your organisation as well as building your confidence and impact as an OD Practitioner
- You will deepen your impact and influence and develop your knowledge and application in a variety of interventions
- Improve your ability to recognise and facilitate group dynamics
- You will grow your network of like-minded OD Practitioners in parallel roles across sectors
- You will work on your own real OD project, receiving support and challenge from others on the course through Action Learning Sets
- You will work on a group facilitation exercise and practise giving and receiving feedback from others
In a world of flux and complexity, organisations need OD practitioners who understand how to implement change which puts people first. As a result of this course, your OD practitioners will have a greater ability to build sustainable, effective and value-driven relationships across their business. They will do this through their skilled, knowledgeable and impactful OD practice
- The face-to-face course is made up of three modules of two days each and the virtual course is three modules of 4-half day sessions each that cover the skills and knowledge you require to become an OD practitioner
- You then return to your workplace to apply your learning
- Within each module, you participate in an action learning set to share progress and receive peer support and challenge.
- During the final sessions, you deliver group facilitation and an individual final presentation. The presentation is on your business project outcomes, learning and reflective practice
Venue for Face-to-Face Courses
Horsham face-to-face courses are held at Roffey Park’s purpose-built venue which is set in 40 acres of rural Sussex Countryside just five minutes from the M23 and 20 minutes from London Gatwick Airport & Crawley, 10 minutes from Horsham.
The Irish Programmes will be delivered at BrookLodge & Macreddin Village | Hotel in Wicklow, Ireland
All virtual half-day sessions start at 09:00 UK time
*The price is net of any chargeable VAT.
We offer a limited number of discounted places to registered charities. Please contact our client services to find out more.
Your face-to-face Horsham experience starts the evening before your programme as you join your fellow participants for dinner so you can get to know each other. Check-in is available from 2pm, providing you with the option to either work from our venue or take advantage of our leisure facilities. Our bar opens at 6pm and dinner is served in the restaurant at 7.30 pm. Accommodation, meals and materials are all included in the fees.
Your Ireland face-to-face experience starts the evening before your programme as you can join your fellow participants checking in the night before for programme start the following morning. Check-in is available from 4pm, providing you with the option to either work from our venue or take advantage of leisure facilities. The bar opens at 5pm and restaurant from 5.30pm. Accommodation, meals and materials are all included in the fees. Dinner cost is not included the night prior to the programme beginning.
We can also deliver The Organisational Development Practitioners Programme as either an in-house programme for teams or as part of a wider, tailored development programme. For more information please contact us.
Denison Organisational Culture Survey Certification
As part of this programme, you have the option to complete Part 1 of the certification process to use the Denison Organisational Culture Survey. This comes with one free culture survey that can be sent to up to one hundred participants. You can use this survey in your work context or with a client organisation to diagnose and apply your learning. Full certification (part 2) can be obtained by completing the culture survey and working with a senior consultant to overview the real client results as preparation for your first client debrief.
Download a brochure to find out more
In the UK
+44 (0) 1293 854042
Not sure if this is the right organisational development course for you?
From understanding the basics of OD to leading strategic organisational development interventions that put people in the centre, we’ve got an organisational development programme for you.