In today’s fast-paced and ever-changing business environment, an organisation’s ability to effectively respond to change and adapt is key to survival and success. However, it is not the organisation that decides when, why or how to respond, it is the people within it. Organisation Development (OD) is rooted in the deep connection between business processes, structures, relationships and the people working with them.
OD practitioners work with organisational growth, maturity and impact using a human systems perspective. It is about building an agile, resilient and emotionally intelligent workforce by promoting compassionate, ethical and sustainable leadership and people practices.
Our OD Practitioner Course has long been established as the leading course for OD professionals across the world. This course aims to increase your knowledge and understanding of OD as a discipline, providing opportunities to develop your skills and equip you with practical tools, thinking strategies and a strategic mindset that will shape your personal approach and fit your business context.
From organisation development consultancy services, a level 7 Masters qualification through to OD practitioner skills development, we are an international centre of excellence for organisational development. If you want to learn from the developers of developers, join our course today.
Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at:
- OD practitioners working in the field of organisational development that want to develop and enhance their practice
- Practised change agents and managers or leaders in transformation who recognise the importance of bringing people with you but want to have a greater insight into how to achieve this
- Aspiring HR Directors, or Learning and Development professionals, seeking to enhance their OD skills to their work portfolio
- Those actively involved in organisational transformations which require changes in mindset as well as structures and services
“Massive insight into myself, my capability and my potential. I felt so much more attached to and involved in the experience than I ever thought I could. I learned more about myself and my potential than I ever thought possible.“
PHILIPPA RICHARDS, NFU MUTUAL
- You will increase your capabilities as an OD practitioner for the benefit of you and your organisation as well as building your confidence and impact as an OD Practitioner
- You will deepen your impact and influence and develop your knowledge and application in a variety of interventions
- Improve your ability to recognise and facilitate group dynamics
- You will grow your network of like-minded OD Practitioners in parallel roles across sectors
- You will work on your own real OD project, receiving support and challenge from others on the course through Action Learning Sets
- You will work on a group facilitation exercise and practise giving and receiving feedback from others
In a world of flux and complexity, organisations need OD practitioners who understand how to implement change which puts people first. As a result of this course, your OD practitioners will have a greater ability to build sustainable, effective and value-driven relationships across their business. They will do this through their skilled, knowledgeable and impactful OD practice
- The face-to-face course is made up of three modules of two days each and the virtual course is three modules of 4-half day sessions each that cover the skills and knowledge you require to become an OD practitioner
- You then return to your workplace to apply your learning
- Within each module, you participate in an action learning set to share progress and receive peer support and challenge.
- During the final sessions, you deliver group facilitation and an individual final presentation. The presentation is on your business project outcomes, learning and reflective practice
Venue for Face-to-Face Courses
All face-to-face courses are held at Roffey Park’s purpose-built venue which is set in 40 acres of rural Sussex Countryside just five minutes from the M23 and 20 minutes from London Gatwick Airport & Crawley, 10 minutes from Horsham.
All virtual half-day sessions start at 09:00 UK time
Face-to-Face: April 2023
17 April 2023 – Virtual launch call
24 – 25 April 2023
22 – 23 May 2023
19 – 20 June 2023
3 July 2023 – Virtual Presentations
4 July 2023 – Virtual Presentations
Optional Denison Organisational Culture Session
24 May 2023
Virtual: July 2023
5 July 2023
11 July 2023
12 July 2023
13 July 2023
14 July 2023 – ALS
8 August 2023
9 August 2023
10 August 2023
11 August 2023 – ALS
Optional Denison Organisational Culture Session 21 and 22 August 2023
5 September 2023
6 September 2023
7 September 2023
8 September 2023
21 September 2023
22 September 2023
Virtual: October 2023
3 October 2023
10 October 2023
11 October 2023
12 October 2023
13 October 2023 – ALS
Optional Denison Organisational Culture Sessions 22 and 23 November 2023
7 November 2023
8 November 2023
9 November 2023
10 November 2023 – ALS
Optional Denison Organisational Culture Sessions 22 and 23
5 December 2023
6 December 2023
7 December 2023
8 December 2023
18 December 2023
19 December 2023
*The price is net of any chargeable VAT or GST.
Face-to-Face course fees include accommodation, meals and materials.
We offer a limited number of discounted places to registered charities. Please contact our client services to find out more.
We can also deliver the Diploma in Organisational Development Practice as either an in-house programme for teams or as part of a wider, tailored development programme. For more information please contact us.
Roffey Park Diploma in Organisational Development Practice
Roffey Park Institute’s Diploma in Organisational Development is designed as a level 5 diploma programme. You will receive the Roffey Park Diploma certificate if you attend all programme sessions including Action Learning Sets, complete a learning log and case study, deliver a facilitated session and present a final presentation on your OD intervention that you will be working on during the programme. This Roffey Park Diploma in Organisational Development Practice is designed with practitioners in mind and therefore includes a variety of content, tools, and many opportunities for sharing experiences and learning from others.
Denison Organisational Culture Survey Certification
As part of this Diploma programme, you have the option to complete also complete Part 1 of the certification process to use the Denison Organisational Culture Survey. This comes with one free culture survey that can be sent to up to one hundred participants. You can use this survey in your work context or with a client organisation to diagnose and apply your learning. Full certification (part 2) can be obtained by completing the culture survey and working with a senior consultant to overview the real client results as preparation for your first client debrief.
Download a brochure to find out more
In the UK
+44 (0) 1293 854042
In Asia Pacific
+65 6386 0590
Not sure if this is the right organisational development course for you?
From understanding the basics of OD to leading strategic organisational development interventions that put people in the centre, we’ve got an organisational development programme for you.