Face to Face
We deliver this programme face to face at one of our venues in the UK, Ireland and Singapore. You can check dates and availability on this page or contact us
We can deliver this programme through interactive online sessions which are facilitated live. You can check dates and availability on this page or contact us
Personal Effectiveness and Power: Influencing people at work is a highly experiential programme which will provide you with a range of personal effectiveness skills and techniques to strengthen your workplace relationships. We will work with you to develop influencing skills, explore the influencing process and develop flexible influencing styles and communication strategies. As a result you will be able to harness your personal power in the workplace as leaders and developers of others.
This programme is for you
- You want to be more effective at managing competing operational priorities
- You recognise the need to improve your influencing skills and practice
- You want to understand power dynamics and improve your decision-making skills
- You want to improve your effectiveness as a leader
- Grow your confidence and ability to deal with challenging situations and relationships
- Develop an understanding of the range of skills and choices available to you to improve your influencing skills
- Be able to gain buy-in from others and create the impact you want through increased personal power, presence and influence
- Understand organisational politics and know who to influence and how in the context of your organisation
- Will understand their impact on others and how to develop more effective relationships at work
- Have a repertoire of influencing skills and communication strategies to be more successful at dealing with a range of situation
- Will have had the opportunity to tailor the programme to meet their individual needs
- Will complete the programme with the ability to build high performing teams and better performing organisations
This was without question the best training experience I have ever had. I felt that the combination of theory and practical application was brilliant. The facilitators were excellent. I believe that everyone, whether a leader or not should go on this course. It is such a valid foundation to understand yourself in life and work. How Often we create stories and build walls, to have these models of understanding and reflection is a privilege that everyone should have to fulfil potentialClaire Wilkinson, ActionAid
Personal Effectiveness and Power: Influencing people at work consists of a four-day residential workshop:
On the first day, after initial introductions, you will explore what influence is as well as the behaviours and characteristics that are important to improving your influencing skills. During the afternoon you will begin to connect the nature of influencing with self-esteem and self-confidence.
Day two explores the process of influencing in groups and provides an opportunity to practise the skills of observation and feedback whilst working in your group. The programme explores the influencing horseshoe model to develop your knowledge and beliefs about the nature of passive, assertive and aggressive behaviours.
Day three connects personal effectiveness with personal power. You will be able to assess your own personal power, how you might give power away and understand how to work with power constructively to improve your ability to get things done.
The final day explores organisational politics and how to work with these to influence at an organisational level. You will explore networks and relationship mapping to understand who to influence and how to do it in the context of your own organisational culture.
During days two, three and four time is devoted to workshops which are designed as learning opportunities for each participant with the support of a facilitator and other members of the groups. Examples of topics covered recently include:
- Saying no and making requests of others
- Building relationships when there is no common ground
- Managing unhelpful and aggressive behaviours
- Building more effective relationships by creating and maintaining rapport
- Understanding the link between mind and body
- The personal embodiment of power
Personal Effectiveness and Power: Influencing people at work is a firmly established programme that attracts a diverse range of participants who want to improve their personal impact, develop influencing skills and be more effective leaders or managers.
Key features of our four-day programme:
- Personalised learning to individual participant needs
- The programme design includes workshop time for each participant which enables them to discuss and work on their own learning needs.
- Influencing skills in practice
- Enhance your influencing skills by understanding the range of choices available to you and the nature of passive, assertive and aggressive behaviours.
- Personal power and influence
- Improve your understanding of your own personal power and how this enhances your personal effectiveness.
- Relationships and politics
- Develop skills and awareness of navigating organisational politics and relationship mapping to improve influencing and effectiveness at work.
- Four day programme
An early bird fee of £1,900+VAT is valid for all bookings received 8 weeks ahead of the programme start date when it will revert to the full programme fee of £2,400+VAT
Fees are inclusive of all tuition fees, materials, meals and accommodation
We offer a limited number of discounted places to registered charities, please contact our client services to find out more
COVID-19 MEASURES TO HELP YOU BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE
Roffey Park is taking bookings for face-to-face programmes starting from September onwards. You can book in confidence, safe in the knowledge that if government restrictions prevent your attendance, we will either reimburse you in full or book you onto a later, suitable start date. We are also able to offer a range of facilitated, online learning modules on an open, in-house or bespoke basis, please contact us to find out more.