Successful organisations need leaders with a clear sense of purpose, vision and direction who are able to inspire and engage their teams to follow them into the unknown. Leadership is tested every day in the balancing of implementing strategy and delivering operational goals. It is a place where you feel stretched by competing demands.
Our unique leadership development course is designed to support middle managers to overcome, thrive and flourish within their roles. This course balances personal support and challenge and feedback with the knowledge, skills and tools you need to work effectively at both strategic and operational levels. Focusing on your own development needs will allow you to develop the skill necessary to lead your team through change and transition. This course brings the expertise of 75 years of Roffey Park Institute experience to provide you with a leadership development programme that enables you to lead and thrive in ambiguity, complexity and uncertainty.
Who is this course for?
The Leadership Development course is aimed at mid-level managers within organisations. It is also useful for individuals working with multiple teams in a matrix or project environment. This course is the next step for those who have attended our Leadership or Management Essentials courses.
This is a comprehensive leadership development programme over a three-month period.
- You will develop a comprehensive personal development plan to apply within your work context allowing you to think and act strategically
- You will learn to assess and develop a high-performing team to support you in your work
- You will be able to lead and support others through change and complexity
- You will become an effective manager who works across boundaries and adapts to change developing resilience within your team
This course provides organisations with a deep and comprehensive leadership development programme for middle-level managers. The course is impact-focused and provides your managers with an insight into their strengths and weaknesses and the tools they need to lead effectively from the difficult space of mid-management
Throughout this course, your managers will return to the workplace re-energised and focused on making significant changes in their leadership to the benefit of the organisation. They will engage with real organisational challenges within their workplace and bring back practical actions to bring about change
Leadership Development Course Outline
- The course starts with an initial one-hour launch call. Following the call, you will need to complete a leadership psychometric and reflective pre-work
- Before the course begins you will have a one-to-one feedback session with your tutor to receive personal feedback from your psychometric test
- There are three stages in this course. The first is two days face-to-face or four half-days virtually. The second and third are delivered over three days face-to-face or six half days virtually
- The course also has two virtual half-day action learning sets designed to embed the application of your learning
Venue for Face-to-Face Courses
All virtual half-day sessions start at 09:00 UK time
*The price is net of any chargeable VAT
Face-to-Face course fees include accommodation, meals and materials. Accommodation is for the night prior to the start of the programme, check in is from 14:00.
We offer a limited number of discounted places to registered charities. Please contact our client services to find out more.
How we can deliver the Leadership Development course
We can also deliver the Leadership Development course as either an in-house programme for teams or as part of a wider, tailored development programme. For more information please contact us.
Download a brochure to find out more
In the UK
+44 (0) 1293 854042