We deliver this programme face to face at one of our venues in the UK, Ireland and Singapore. You can check dates and availability on this page or contact us
We deliver this programme through interactive online sessions which are facilitated live. You can check dates and availability on this page or contact us
Our Practical Facilitation Skills programme is a comprehensive and real-world programme aimed at enabling participants to understand the skills required in the role of facilitator. With group practice sessions you will learn to understand group dynamics, how to pre-plan and be flexible “in the moment”. Overall, you will gain an understanding in what a facilitator needs to do to enable groups to work together to achieve their goals.
This programme is for you
- You are a line manager who wants to enable their teams to be more productive and effective
- You are HR, OD or L&D professional or change agent who wants to become more effective with groups to get results, drive change and improve delivery
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of facilitation in practice
- Build an awareness of multiple approaches to facilitation
- Be able to plan and deliver a facilitation session
- Be confident to skilfully and knowledgeably intervene in difficult situations
- Individuals will have a greater confidence and impact as a facilitator of groups
- Colleagues will be able to harness the productivity of groups, enabling them to focus and achieve their common purpose and results
- Be able to overcome difficulties within a group ensuring that success is not derailed by conflicts, politics and power dynamics
The programme has had a considerable impact on my day-to-day work. Now I properly understand how to be “in service of the group” this has led to more productive decision making and idea generation by colleagues. That, in turn, has led to a greater sense of ownership for the implications, and implementation, of decisions. Shortly after the programme, I facilitated workshops to over 120 Welsh public servants. My sessions meant moving along the facilitator spectrum, leading from the front and allowing the group to lead itself. The awareness and skill developed on the programme was excellent preparation, and the feedback I received really positive.Nia James, Deputy Director (Natural Resources), Welsh Government Assembly
Practical Facilitation Skills consists of six modules. Our classroom programme is delivered as a two-day residential. The online programme consists of a launch session followed by six 90-minute module sessions facilitated live.
- The online programme has six 90-minute module sessions plus a 30-minute launch session
- Sessions will begin at 9am (GMT).
Starts May 2021
Finishes May 2021
Launch, Modules 1 and 2: 10 May 2021
Module 3 and 4: 11 May 2021
Module 5 and 6: 12 May 2021
Starts July 2021
Finishes July 2021
Launch, Modules 1 and 2: 6 July 2021
Module 3 and 4: 7 July 2021
Module 5 and 6: 8 July 2021
Residential fees are inclusive of all tuition fees, materials, meals and accommodation
We offer a limited number of discounted places to registered charities, please contact our client services to find out more
Due to the ongoing pandemic Roffey Park Institute is currently only taking bookings for online programmes. We will continue to monitor the situation closely and plan to offer face to face programmes at such time when the government restrictions are lifted.
We are also able to offer a range of facilitated, online learning modules on in-house or bespoke basis, please contact us to find out more.