Our Advanced Facilitation Skills course is a rich, rewarding and challenging experience for experienced facilitators to deepen their ability to work with groups. The programme explores the nature of advanced facilitation techniques and complex group dynamics. It is highly practical with group work, real-world exercises and peer review. This course draws upon dialogic tools and group and social learning models. Every step of this programme will incorporate your learning into practicable application.
This programme is for you if
- You are an experienced facilitator, manager, HR, OD L&D professional or change agent who wants to enhance your personal understanding of self as an expert in terms of your role as a facilitator.
- You wish to establish a deeper understanding of your own principles and approaches to advanced facilitation techniques. As well as developing an understanding of group dynamics and their role in enhancing a facilitator’s impact.
- You want to focus on areas of personal development throughout and after the programme. You want to take the opportunity to review your approach and style and learn about new ways of facilitation.
- To increase self-awareness, impact and confidence in the role of facilitator
- Be able to increase the range of situations you can address
- Deepen further your understanding of working with group dynamics
- Build greater awareness of the impact of organisations on the behaviour of individuals and groups
- Be able to establish a deeper understanding of the social nature of learning
- Individuals will have the gravitas, confidence and tools to demonstrate a wider range of creative approaches. This will help organisations and groups to achieve their objectives
- Understand how to use their personal impact on groups and individuals to good effect
- Have a range of approaches to be a skillful facilitator. You will be able to deal with challenging situations and deal with complicated group dynamics
- Be more skilled in facilitating change by challenging and supporting teams to make difficult, quality choices
Not sure if advanced facilitation skills is for you?
We offer two facilitation skills programmes as open programmes. They start with our Practical Facilitation Skills course which develops the understanding of the role and skills of facilitation. Our Advanced Facilitation Skills course dives deeper into group dynamics and the advanced facilitator role.
We also deliver these programmes in organisation as either an in-house programme for teams or as part of a wider, tailored development programme. For more information please contact us.
The online Advanced Facilitation Skills course has been an utter delight. The team at Roffey Park have done an extraordinary job at translating the learning to an online setting. They are very obviously putting a huge amount of energy in behind the scenes to ensure our learning experience is rich, inviting, transformational and potent.Rachel Turner, Achieve Unlimited
How we deliver programmes online
- Advanced Facilitation Skills consists of ten 90-minute online modules held over four weeks.
- This programme is highly practical using real examples and academic models.
- The programme cohort will act as your group allowing for quick peer feedback from practice sessions. Helping you understand your impact and giving you the opportunity to practise your methods and approaches in a supportive learning environment.
Dates and Fees
- Online: There are ten 90-minute modules facilitated live with a 30-minute break in between.
- Online sessions will begin at 09:00 (UK time) Check your local time here
Virtual – July 2022
Launch Call: 20 July 2022
Module 1 and 2: 21 July 2022
Module 3 and 4: 22 July 2022
Module 5 and 6: 28 July 2022
Module 7 and 8: 29 July 2022
Module 9 and 10: 5 August 2022
Virtual – November 2022
Launch Call: 9 November 2022
Module 1 and 2: 10 November 2022
Module 3 and 4: 11 November 2022
Module 5 and 6: 17 November 2022
Module 7 and 8: 18 November 2022
Module 9 and 10: 25 November 2022
Face to Face – February 2023
6 – 8 February 2023
Face to Face
*The price is net of any chargeable VAT or GST
We offer a limited number of discounted places to registered charities. Please contact our client services to find out more.