Effective facilitation is a must-have key competency for managers, consultants and facilitators. It is a skill that must be present for making sense and taking action when things become uncertain and ambiguous. The ability to confidently lead a group through decision-making and problem-solving processes is invaluable in the workplace.
The Advanced Facilitation Skills Course deepens and explores the nature of advanced facilitation techniques in complex group dynamics. This course involves highly practical group work, real-world exercises and extensive peer review.
Who is this course for?
- Experienced facilitators, managers, HR, OD, L&D professionals or change agents who want to enhance your personal understanding of self as an expert in terms of your role as a facilitator
- Those who wish to establish a deeper understanding of their own principles and approaches to advanced facilitation techniques
- Those who desire to focus on areas of personal development throughout and after the course
The online Advanced Facilitation Skills course has been an utter delight. The team at Roffey Park have done an extraordinary job at translating the learning to an online setting. They are very obviously putting a huge amount of energy behind the scenes to ensure our learning experience is rich, inviting, transformational and potent.
RACHEL TURNER, ACHIEVE UNLIMITED
- You will increase your self-awareness, impact and confidence in the role of facilitator
- You will be able to increase the range of situations you can address
- You will deepen further your understanding of working with group dynamics
- You will build greater awareness of the impact of organisations on the behaviour of individuals and groups
- You will be able to establish a deeper understanding of the social nature of learning
Upon completing the course your participants will have the confidence, gravitas, tools and techniques to help groups achieve their objectives. They will understand how to use their personal impact on groups and individuals and be able to deal with challenging situations and complex group dynamics. As a result, they will become more effective at facilitating change by challenging and supporting teams to make decisions quickly and collaboratively
- Advanced Facilitation Skills is delivered over three days face-to-face or five-half-days virtually
- This course is highly practical using real examples and academic models
- The course cohort will act as your group allowing for quick peer feedback from practice sessions. Helping you understand your impact and giving you the opportunity to practise your methods and approaches in a supportive learning environment
Venue for Face-to-Face Courses
All face-to-face courses are held at Roffey Park’s purpose-built venue which is set in 40 acres of rural Sussex Countryside just five minutes from the M23 and 20 minutes from London Gatwick Airport & Crawley, 10 minutes from Horsham.
All virtual half-day sessions start at 09:00 UK time
*The price is net of any chargeable VAT or GST.
Face-to-Face course fees include accommodation, meals and materials.
We offer a limited number of discounted places to registered charities. Please contact our client services to find out more.
We can also deliver Advanced Facilitation Skills as either an in-house programme for teams or as part of a wider, tailored development programme. For more information please contact us.
Download a brochure to find out more
In the UK
+44 (0) 1293 854042
In Asia Pacific
+65 6386 0590